Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, December 17, 2010

There is no theme here

I haven't been writing because I've been typing.  I have done so much work at home this week.  It's because of trying to get through a zillion patients fast, and I have not succeeded.  But I am trying.  Today killed me though.  I had today planned to knock off a bunch of visits and some of the driving for the week.  Instead we had a huge snowstorm with roads that were maybe 30 mph, usually less, with my AWD SUV in lowered gears for much of it. It is so weird to drive that in the snow and not have to scared of constantly sliding.  I slid very slightly once and it fixed it.  I can almost relax even when it's bad, although I know enough to stay very aware.  When I lived in Michigan I had a Festiva, essentially a tin can on wheels that weighed about 25 pounds.  I used to be amazed that I managed to stay on the road while there'd be lines of SUVs that had spun off because the drivers were overconfident.  I promised myself to never do that.

I'm also writing a very long post that will see the light of day eventually.

And I'm coughing.  I'm pretty sure Dr. Body's guess of asthma was right.  I am not sure but that is making sense.  We'll be more sure it's not bacterial in a couple days; my last antibiotic is tonight so I'll be sick by Monday if it's bacterial since I am still symptomatic.  If I ever start writing about not believing myself about this again feel free to tell me to look in a mirror.  We had our company Christmas party tonight and I put on makeup, which I haven't done if forever.  Because I"m nearsighted that means shoving my face into the mirror.  I couldn't figure out what the weird dots were, like something had been resting on my face when nothing had touched it.  I've known for weeks that I've been very pale with pink cheeks but since I'm very fair I have red cheeks a lot and I also get dry skin easily this time of year on my face.  Well, looking for a couple minutes made me realize I have petechia (broken blood vessels) all over both checks, my neck and my forehead.  I knew I had some broken blood vessels in my eyes as my eyes are bright pink when I first wake up, but I didn't realize my whole face was covered in it. I suppose that explains the headaches lately; if I cough that hard all the time my head should hurt.

And next week is so over-scheduled that I'm frightened.  As is today, come to think of it.  But the weekend is coming.  Slowly.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Do you have asthma on top of pertussis? That's some hard coughing! I don't know how you're doing it, sweet Jen. Yeah! Let's hear it for the weekend. Blessings!

The four Sundays before Christmas have the advent themes of faith, hope, joy, love. This scripture just about sums it up.

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 15:13