Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Sleepy

Between the narcotic cough syrup, my constant fatigue because that's part of whooping cough, depression, and now added tiredness from increasing my Seroquel dose and this is one sleepy lady.  I'm done sleeping for tonight which is fine, but I suspect that after my training is over today that I will be going home and going straight to bed.

In other news I talked to my supervisor about the person who has been slowly working toward helping me a few hours per week.  Getting her trained has taken months, and she still hasn't done an assisted eval from beginning to end (granted the patient was sent to the hospital but she also didn't seem to understand that she needs to plan that her first eval or two, with me, are going to be very long, like 3-4 hours of time to complete.  She needs to devote a full day to this, whether that means working on a Sunday with me or whatever, but I am getting so I'm going to need her.  My caseload is getting big and busy and I have several people who need quite a bit from me.  Going to her and saying that I really need this to happen is a big thing for me so I'm proud of it.

I may get to see my niece this week.  As long as Dr. Body says it's ok I'm off.  He told me one month which is up the 8th, but I have to make sure that it's totally safe with me coughing now still although rarely except since my forgetting I can't tip my head back.  Now I know not to make a dental appointment until I can breathe.......I forgot already how scary that sensation is.  I'm hoping to get in a breathing treatment or two tonight to help fix what I did, which I think was make the goop move around into a bad position and then it almost seals.

And that's about it from here.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

I'm sure you're really anxious to do more but from where I sit...I hear that you're still exhausted and barely recovering from a variety of challenges. Try to take a "breathing spell??" before you add anything to your crowded schedule??

Good job on your assertiveness about the assistant. It doesn't sound like she's much help! May you soon have more light and strength.


Psalm 18:28-33 (New Living Translation)

28 You light a lamp for me.
The Lord, my God, lights up my darkness.
29 In Your strength I can crush an army;
with my God I can scale any wall.

30 God’s way is perfect.
All the Lord’s promises prove true.
He is a shield for all who look to Him for protection.
31 For who is God except the Lord?
Who but our God is a solid rock?
32 God arms me with strength,
and He makes my way perfect.
33 He makes me as surefooted as a deer,
enabling me to stand on mountain heights.