Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

More quotes

A young woman who I babysat years ago when she was a toddler (now in college) posted this on facebook today.  I am trying to remember it when I feel sad about my working situation.

“To know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived - that is to have succeeded” -R. W. Emerson
I have done that.   I may be stopping earlier than I hoped but since I have to stop thinking of that as failing I think I will try to focus on this.

I also have another quote from me, written just about a year ago:



In fact he {Dr. Mind} told me the other day that I'm no longer his most acutely ill pt.  I think this is supposed to be a good thing and all I can think is after 5 years???
I have a funny feeling I'm the sickest again and I bet not only have I reclaimed my title months ago I'd also bet that I will be holding on to it for a long time.  I was grumbling about hating not having access to my meds and said that I did realize that the fact I was feeling annoyed by our arrangement was a sign I was improving.  I also thanked him because it feels awkward to fill pills with him but it is WAY better than if my mother were involved.  He really is annoyed at her, I can tell this because that was what he wanted initially and I begged him to just keep the keys for me so I didn't have to involve her.  Now he even commented that she'd be likely to be obnoxious about it and lecture me.  Glad he came around to this.  But I still apparently am far from being trusted since my grumbling led to "No sympathy" said cheerfully.  I am never going to get free of these precautions. My own fault and truthfully I'm glad to have them but it is not fun to have to remember that I need to get meds out and to do that with an audience.


Oh well.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Why do you say you'll never be free from precautions? You suspect that you're the "sickest" patient at this time but you seem to be stabilizing at an amazing rate. I'm not into "speed" or trying to deny serious concerns but I see growth already.

You HAVE blessed countless people in your work and with your blog so never fear. You have certainly succeeded! You are on a much-needed haitus at this time but don't you think it's possible that one day you could work part-time? It's probably way too soon to think about that but on the other hand, you might need that hope.

I, too, remain thankful for your excellent team. Your relationship with Dr. Mind is priceless. He sounds like such a great guy.
Yeah, your mom has some growing up to do. My mom died when she was 63 and I was 39 so I don't know what it's like to age along with your mother but I'm convinced that there would have been challenges like the almost-universal conflicts mentioned in Becky's recent email.

I have adult kids and things just flare up sometimes...Sigh.

Sending love and hugs and encouragement! I'm so proud of you!