Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ghosts

So I've been at this new job 4 days. And oddly enough I keep running into people I used to work with. So far, 3. One of them I worked with way back at my first job. I recognized her immediately, although I couldn't quite place her. I still can't. I am not sure what floor she worked on there and she was there 20-some years so asking her won't define it as I'm sure she worked everywhere at some time. I THINK I remember, and it would make sense as it was an area I didn't work in all that much and I do remember specific people who were on some floor all the time. Clearly I knew her well enough to remember her instantly 6 years later. There's also a patient I haven't seen yet, but I'm pretty certain I also know her from another place. If it's her I remember her husband much more, but I have no way to be sure until I see her, and even then I won't be sure.

Otherwise, I had a crazy day that was controlled by a palm pilot and which has drained me. I can't tell you how tired I am right now and I wouldn't be except that it was totally crazy. I'm bribing myself with these healthier oatmeal cookies I made the other night that I initially didn't like but which improved after being sealed in a bag for a day if I can make it a few more minutes with these things on my feet that I HOPE really do treat hammertoe. I'm developing it on both feet and I'm trying to curtail it as I do not want foot surgery. Under any circumstances, in fact.

So, for now, good night.

1 comment:

Julia said...

So oatmeal cookies are on your toes? That is how tired I am - I read it that way.

First week done! Good for you.