Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Neat

During my visit with Dr. Mind tonight, a blissfully relaxed meeting as I'm finally feeling better and seem to be leaving the danger zone I was headed for, it began to storm hard. He finally sent me home a couple minutes early because the storm was becoming dangerous. I had to wait a few minutes before I could leave, then I had about a 5 minute drive to the interstate. My drive from that point on is about 50 minutes, and the entire way home there was at least one rainbow. Most of the time there were two. And for a 15 mile stretch the one rainbow reached all the way across the sky in one big arc, and then 2 halves rose up outside but faded before arcing across the sky. It was incredible. I love seeing rainbows and enjoying their message of hope. And it is rather odd, but 99% of the time if I see one it is on the way to or from seeing Dr. Mind, which is always a time I need to relax.

I'm actually so relaxed now that I'm pretty much going to eat supper (haven't been home long), take my meds and go to sleep, even though it is only 8:30. I have the power to decide when I sleep for the first time in a very, very long time (maybe ever) and I'm loving it. Because actually being sleepy is quite possibly the best feeling I have ever had. I've been tired for years but sleepy is so new. I like it. (OK, so I guess I hadn't talked about that. I don't know the cause, I don't know if it the routine of the new job, if it is me pressuring myself to wake up, if it's being off Depakote and having had plenty of time to really clear it, or if it's the fish oil I started a couple weeks ago, but all of a sudden I'm getting sleepy around 10:30 or so. I put on my relaxation tape and when it ends I am asleep. I have NEVER had this happen before. I have never had the simple choice of when I sleep. This is the most exciting thing......I don't know or care why, just that I love it.)

No comments: