Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 07, 2009

S.T.R.E.S.S.

As I said yesterday, my background check is taking forever, which has held up my starting work. Which is naturally what happened, because I was absolutely sure that this would be fast (it usually is) and that my drug screen would be what held me up, since I would have tested positive thanks to ativan (and it appears that it also tested for tricyclic antidepressants, for some reason, and I am on one of those as well). Well, that part went just fine and I didn't even have to explain anything. But the stupid background check is taking forever.

One good thing that just happened: my unemployment was approved and my 1st week's money will be in my account in the next few days. This is a very, very good thing. It also feels so very good because the claim states that their investigation shows I was discharged without just cause. It's good to know someone else agrees. Also, I'm sure that my prior employer would have fought it if they could. I'm also glad because they didn't lie to me when they said they wouldn't fight it. They lied in the same conversation, and they lied in another way, and since being lied to is very frustrating and leads to a lot of distrust, I was afraid that would be a lie as well.

Today is going to be my fun day. I'm home for the morning, then I'm going to a movie with my mom, then to a sale for a little bit. I guess this day is "vacation". Better enjoy it while I can.

No comments: