Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 07, 2009

Oopsie (aka how to repel Jehovah's Witnesses)

So this morning I took a shower but didn't get dressed immediately because of clothes in the dryer. I was wearing a big t-shirt and underwear and listening to music fairly loudly (at least for me) in my bedroom, which is the back of my house. I noticed my cat being very alert and eventually realized someone was knocking. I tried to ignore it, knowing I am waiting for shoes that will be here via UPS, but it kept on. I thought my delivery must need a signature, so I grabbed the nearest shorts and put them on while running to the door. They were 2 sizes too big, but at least they were something. Besides, compared to the wet, completely wild curly hair and no bra, I figured anything would have to look good.

So I opened the door and it's the Jehovah Witness. I firmly told him not interested (I have had a tendency in the past to accidentally sign up for things because I used to be bad about saying no) and he gave in much, much more easily than usual. I closed the door and started to walk back to my bedroom.

That is when I glanced down and realized that my huge shorts had gotten tangled while I was running and pulling them on, and I had answered the door with my function-over-form underwear hanging out.

Betcha he won't be back...

No comments: