Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, August 24, 2009

So much for life is easy

Yesterday evening my throat got a little sore. I started pouring in vitamin C. Typically I'd use Zicam swabs immediately, but since those were pulled off the market for damaging people's sense of smell I didn't have anything I was willing to use. So I did go and get some tablets tonight but it may be too late by now. By this point I have a sore throat, drippy nose and very stuffy sinuses along with pain and pressure. So, it's safe to say I've got a sinus infection brewing. Lovely. With swine flu cold symptoms are likely to force me to the doctor very soon. I'm so excited....

And then I really blew it this morning. I always get up at 4:15 to take meds, get a drink and go back to sleep. Somehow this morning I knocked over a pie plate that was on my table. It smashed into a bunch of tiny pieces, some of which landed on my foot and gave me two somewhat nasty cuts. So I spent 15 minutes cleaning up broken glass, then cleaning up my foot, and I'm stuck wearing sneakers for several days because I can't wear my usual shoes because they'll rub on my cuts. I'm very, very fortunate I didn't have to go get stitches at that time of morning.

So I feel somewhat lousy, I think I've even got a fever, and my foot hurts. Lovely. Nothing like only getting 2 weeks to settle in before chaos erupts.

How long until weekend????

No comments: