Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Observation

 An observation made Thursday evening before all the pain began:  There's something magical about rainbows.  As a Christian this is so, but also just when you drive as much as I do there's lots of chances to watch for that surprising hint of color that blossoms into something amazing, or is amazing in it's own right, even if nothing happens to it.  It's one of my favorite things in nature.

But the really, really weird thing?  I drive 800 miles per week, hence observe a lot of weather.  In the last 4 years, the years of my life I can remember, the ONLY times I have seen a rainbow have been on the way from (once to) see Dr. Mind.  And during that time I have seen amazing things, like the day that I drove about 25 miles watching double rainbows both completely across the sky.  Or the time I saw rainbows from 2 angles, also simultaneously (making me a terrible driver).  And the weirdest thing?  As a Christian I believe rainbows are a sign of God's promise, basically, to be there for us.  And every rainbow I have seen in these last 4 years has been on a day that I cried.

(This post may or may not be a sign of things we will discuss soon).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the way you described rainbows: "that surprising hint of color that blossoms into something amazing." I had one of those "magical" experiences while driving a couple weeks ago. I've never seen this phenomenon: The freeway was wet and the spray from every car in front of me caused a small rainbow to touch the ground! This went on for miles and gave me much-needed encouragement.

Thanks for reminding me.

I'm so glad that Brenda's days are numbered! An enemy of yours is an enemy of mine!

Blessings, Michal

"I will praise the LORD at all times.

I will constantly speak His praises.

I will boast only in the LORD;

Let all who are discouraged take heart.

Come, let us tell of the LORD's greatness;

let us exalt His name together.

I prayed to the LORD and He answered me,

freeing me from all my fears."

Psalm 34: 1-4