Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, June 14, 2010

My fate is sealed

I sent the note to my sister that Dr. Brain told me I needed to write. Basically it just admits to her that while I'm extremely happy for her and excited to be an aunt and that I'm so excited she gets to be a mommy, at the same time it is very hard for me to see her leading a life similar to what I dreamed of and won't have, especially since we went through the same things as kids and have the same gene pool and I was the one who got the raw end of that deal. Not that I wish that a sibling had this, just I wish it didn't exist.

We'll see how she takes it. It totally depends on the hormones. I'm afraid. Very, very afraid......:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and the outcome of this brave and necessary act. It's truly awesome that you did such a difficult thing, and it just further shows your strength, among other things. Have you heard back from your sister?

I am so sorry for the pain and anxiety you must be feeling.