Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, November 30, 2007

Small steps forward

Last night I woke up at a time I can only guess was about 4 am to find I had no power. I have no idea what happened aside from something major because the electric company person I talked to when it wasn't back by 3:30 said they had to do quite a bit of work to fix it. Then she said it would be on about 4:30. Five minutes later I reached into the fridge, bumped the off/on switch for the light and the light (plus all appliances and clocks) returned to life. It was so cold in here. It still feels cold, like the cold took over or something.

After I could get ready and handle hair, etc. I went to the mall. I'm trying to find a new winter coat. It's sort of my gift to myself. I found that the one I wants is more than I want to pay right now and I'll take a gamble that it will be cheaper in a few weeks. I was able to get several more small Christmas gifts.

The best part about the mall is that I tolerated it. I managed about 2 1/2 hours and I did what I'm supposed to do and set myself up right (weekday; I'm often really stupid about how I time things) monitored how I felt and responded accordingly. I just have to be sure I handle the rest of the shopping as well.

I'm also starting to fall asleep earlier. I wake back up, but it's a start.

No comments: