Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Maybe looking up

I spoke to a recruiter who I'd emailed with yesterday. The job sounds good. It's more laid-back than where I've been in the last few years, and a lot more of the work would be with the long-term patients that I'm most experienced with (and who I do best at treating). It is half the daily driving. According to Mapquest it's 43 minutes, which means less than 4o more than likely. It's also near Dr. Mind, so even if I am working 5 days/week it will be easier to see him. They also seem really interested; they offerred to interview me today. I was already gone from home so I couldn't, but truthfully I wouldn't have been able to go anyway because I've lost so much weight now that practically nothing but some rather old scrubs fit. Once I have work I'm going to have to do some shopping. So my mom and I went shopping and found an outfit I really like that looks nice. Plus it is 3 pants sizes smaller than I was 7 months ago. I'm a size 16! I thought I'd left that behind forever. The only problem is that I have so much muscle in my shoulders and arms from lifting people all day that it's hard to find shirts that fit. But that's a happy problem.

I'm also discovering that unemployment is really, really confusing. There are many hoops to jump through and they aren't easy to follow. And I'm not sure I'm even going to get paid anything; if I understand I won't be paid for this week because it's my qualifying week, and if things work out I'm going to be working next week or the week after for sure. I hope. I'm sort of hoping to not start until like the middle of next week, just because I'm emotionally not in my best spot ever. I'm on more antidepressant now, and I think that it will be ok, but that won't totally kick in for a few more days. And the shock value of the last few days has been high. Regardless I won't be looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm waiting for one load of laundry to finish drying so I can put the other in. I'm getting really tired. That's a good thing; I didn't take any ativan today and so falling asleep independently and relatively early is a good thing.

More tomorrow afternoon......

1 comment:

otgirl said...

Wow. I'm impressed that you don't waste any time. Good luck!