Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, July 31, 2009

Feeling better

The combination of knowing I have work and the increased antidepressant starting to help made this a decent day. I'm excited about my new job. I think this is a good change without totally changing everything about work. I didn't want to do that, but I did want a degree of change.

There are so many good things about this job. It is a TON more money. I'm going to be able to get out of debt and hopefully save up a down payment for a new car. I have to get a new car before too much longer; mine has 152,000 miles on it. So far it doesn't show any signs of wearing out, but it also won't last forever. It has downsides, like I don't get paid vacation, but I also really need to commit to a year of working hard at this rate and try to fix the financial situation I've been in after spending 9 months in 2 years on disability. It's a good chance to try out some different things, and I can even try different practice areas if I want to. On the other hand, trying to learn to save money so I can have a week off from time to time will be challenging. For now I'm going to keep remembering I've had what will be 3 weeks off now, so further time off can just wait. The other tough thing is a really high productivity requirement. We'll see how that works as we go.

Regardless, I'm excited. Whatever happens it can't wind up more painful than my last job. I'm wondering if I will EVER get over being mad at them.


No comments: