Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, July 02, 2009

12

Tonight I will decrease my Depakote dose yet again. In January I took 6 pills per night. Tonight I was be taking 1 1/2. In 4 more days I'll take 1, 4 days after that 1/2, and in 12 days I will be done. That is assuming nothing happens to make me taper more slowly, but thus far the only thing that has happened is that I'm having some hand tremors. That's liveable.

It's odd to come off meds feeling so good. Because of my allergies and insensitivities I've had to come off many things cold turkey. That has tended to be unpleasant. I also take an older antidepressant (actually in terms of antidepressants I take a REALLY old one) and if I miss 2 doses I start feeling pretty odd. So I'm trained to expect side effects when changing things.

This is good. It is so good.

No comments: