Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Are you real?

Baludec3, I really wanted to say thanks for the comment. I'm TRYING to do that again, to all billion of you I've not responded to in the last months.

But it turns out you link to a commercial site. So, here's your chance. I was going to delete your comment, but just in case you are not a real person who took the time to actually fill in a comment and the code just for this advertisement, you've got 24 hours to tell me that this is a mistake. Because I feel wrong just deleting.

(Michal, not real Tupperware. That's what I call all plasticware. Kind of like Kleenex. It wasn't a really disposable container, I just didn't happen to have one, but it was the only remaining piece of my first set ever, so it was a zillion years old. Believe me though, had better seal occurred to me one of my brand new set may have been sacrificed. The whole way there I kept worrying what happens if THAT leaks, no matter how much it is wrapped up. EWWWWWWWWWWWW. And I do remember burping Tupperware. In fact my mom still has one bowl that you do it to. It has been around longer than I have I think.)

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

What's a little pooper scoopin'?? I'm so relieved that you didn't wreck the "real" Tupperware. Burp! See how resilient you are?? You just keep bouncin' back.

Thanks for the note today. You're definitely in my prayers, especially early this morning. The Lord woke me up abruptly with awareness that something was going on somewhere so we talked about you, a baby soon to be born, a church family's vigil at the hospital, very troubling personal stuff, Natalia's recovery...

The full moon was gorgeous in the morning sky and the sunrise over the mountains and the lake?? Oh my, God lavishes beauty on this world. I don't like to open my eyes that early but I was so richly rewarded! FAR too often I fail to soak in the natural beauty that refreshes the soul so deeply.

I hope He's touching your life in a very special way today.

I decided to be more purposeful about searching the "Christmas story" in Luke. I'll share Luke 1: 67-80.

John the Baptist's daddy sings a song about his son but it resonates with me, too. I know that by the Holy Spirit and the finished work of Christ, we also will come out of our desert times prepared to minister God's mercy to others.

Zechariah's Song

His father Zechariah was filled with the Holy Spirit and prophesied:

"Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because He has come and has redeemed His people. He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of His servant David (as He said through His holy prophets of long ago), salvation from our enemies and from the hand of all who hate us—to show mercy to our fathers and to remember His holy covenant, the oath He swore to our father Abraham: to rescue us from the hand of our enemies, and to enable us to serve Him without fear in holiness and righteousness before Him all our days.

And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for Him, to give His people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins, because of the tender mercy of our God, by which the rising sun will come to us from heaven to shine on those living in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

And the child grew and became strong in spirit; and he lived in the desert until he appeared publicly to Israel."

May we know today that we are rescued from the attacks of the enemy of our bodies, minds and souls and empowered to serve without fear because of His righteousness.

Light from Heaven, shine on us and guide us into the path of peace.

Love, Michal