Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, December 17, 2009

I won


After a very long and agonizing wait at the dr's office (and after spending $7 faxing the dr, the nurse and the idiot who did this) it turns out that she noticed i had a balance, not that I had been making steady payments, and somehow something I can prove I paid 9/5/09 never was credited as paid. They would not apologize or accept responsibility, but I know my dr. was frustrated with them.

My ankle is badly sprained. Which I knew when it happened. I have partial tears of several ligaments and some damage to my achilles tendon. All my worry about being told to just walk on it was for naught; I have a rocker boot now and it's perfect. All kinds of support and freedom to move some and walk more normally. I feel like a duck, (see picture), but it helps a lot.



I start PT Wednesday. Hopefully I'll be a better patient than last time I had PT, when I quit rather rapidly. This time though I know I have to so I don't hurt it worse and that will help.

I also did something big for me. I have tested positive for blood in varying amounts in my urine in every test I've had for at least 15 years. I've had some tests and know I have a thing on my kidney that dumps blood, but my doctor has wanted me to have a cystoscopy to see the inside of my bladder for years. I have refused because to do the test involves the camera going into the urethra and emotionally I can't do that. But since I was so dehydrated and the blood was really bad I've had more, and I know I have to do this. So I told him that if he finds me a doctor who will do it in an OR with twilight sedation and a hefty dose of Versed (med that makes you forget), and they promise me I will know nothing and remember nothing, I'll do it in a few months. So he's working on it, and I'm going to start getting used to the idea because he sounded pretty sure he can get the doctor to do it. They'll deal with specific, not yet stated, med requests then. I want to be pretty out of it before I even undress and I want to be sedated before entering the procedure room enough that I won't remember any of it. I want to remember coming to the hospital and leaving and that is it. There are limits to what I can tolerate and this test pushes them.

Anyway, last night was awful but today I'm much better. Exhausted since I left home at 7 to send faxes and after not getting to work until late because I had the appt then had to get fitted for the walker boot, but only one more day this week.


1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

I pray you'll find the calm in the midst of the storms and struggles and rest there for awhile. I'm so glad you've untangled some of the mix-ups and gained the support of the rocker boot.

My uncle just passed away and will be spending his first Christmas in heaven, memorial service on the 26th. Pain and glory are all mixed together in this world; my birthday tomorrow, his daughter's birthday following...birth, rebirth...

I will follow your upward progress as closely as possible and keep you in my prayers.

I turned to 2 Corinthians for encouragement:

8 We think you ought to know, dear brothers and sisters, about the trouble we went through in the province of Asia. We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. 9 In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God, who raises the dead. 10 And He did rescue us from mortal danger, and He will rescue us again. We have placed our confidence in Him, and He will continue to rescue us. 11 And you are helping us by praying for us. Then many people will give thanks because God has graciously answered so many prayers for our safety.