Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, December 11, 2009

Meds are the best

So I got a nice script for vicodin and love Dr. Body more than ever before. Ice is also high on my list of loves.

I made it through the day of therapy without being able to do things. I can walk with the crutches now (a little weight on the heel of my foot), which really helps. And the vicodin is also good. I can also walk a few steps without them, although i'm restricting that to things like to the bathroom at home, except that I have my brace off so I really can't do that. At least for now until the ice is done and I put the thing back on, which I may try to not do tonight. I don't know why I'd need to sleep in it and it's uncomfortable, so I'd much rather not.

It was a long day and I'm getting groggy, but mainly I just wanted to say that it IS possible to do therapy on crutches. I wouldn't recommend it, but I survived. I'm hoping by Monday to just need one. I'll probably take both in case the pain increases through the day, but one would be so much easier.

The biggest issue now is that the only good time I could get for follow-up messes up my schedule with Dr. Mind. But hopefully I can re-schedule, and ultimately walking is more important than stress management.

More tomorrow. Sleeping now.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

I pray you're having a good rest. Can you just do an Ace bandage for night time? You probably know about a "gizmo" or an extra pillow or a box or something to keep the weight of the blankets off your sore ankle. Sounds like you really hurt yourself but as usual, you're taking care of business with all the right measures.

SOOO glad you love Dr. Body. You thought I said he loves the "challenge" of you but I sense that he cares for you very genuinely from all the highest ideals of his profession. You let him be a healer and you have a special place in his life, betcha anything!

Let's pray together that you'll be especially guarded by angels. Ps. 91 is only 16 verses and it's very encouraging. Just type in Biblegateway.com and you can search for specific words or any verse of the entire Bible in numerous translations. A shelf full of Bibles are as near as your fingertips.

Ps. 91: 11-12 For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
In their hands they shall bear you up,lest you dash your foot against a stone.