Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, December 07, 2009

Don't Wanna

I am so unbelievably tired still today. I need 2 day weekends. Really, really need them in fact.
I'm hoping today goes fast so I can get to the 2 stores I need to get to to finish my Christmas shopping. I feel pressured to do that. I have no idea why, but I'm not arguing with myself. I'm sure it is related to wanting to avoid crowds at all costs.

On the other hand, I'm tired partly because the evil nightmare bug is still present. That food I ate yesterday was nice, but I'm back to a bland, mainly liquid diet and will have to contact t he dr. today. Again. That doctor will be re-thinking his extra supportive of me policy and wishing he didn't tell me he was going to be changing practices but how to find him. He's going to want to run.

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

It's really commendable that you "push" yourself to get those errands out of the way because you know that it's wise to avoid the crowds. Those anxious hoards are most of the rest of us who leave too much until the last minute.

However, you know you need more rest so I hope that soon becomes priority #1...just being a concerned friend here!

And Dr. Body? I have a feeling he'll be running toward you, not away. Look at it this way: you're giving him a chance to do what he intended to do when he trained for his profession. I'm sure he really wants to help you and to be that special link that makes such a great difference during this challenging time. He probably also has a respect for you in your profession as a fellow caregiver. You're very special, you know!

Let the burden be shared...that's the Lord's way. We aren't supposed to be strong enough to bear everything alone although in my case, my pride (?), insecurity, and who knows what keeps me from asking for help as often as I need to. I need to seen this trait as a weakness and ask for help with my "handicap" of self-sufficiency.

"Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens." Psalm 68:19

"Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2