Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, May 14, 2010

I did it

The job is over. The stress may take a while longer. But I survived. I made it through some really hard weeks and it's over. And now it's time to move on. Which is good.

I just bought a LOT of scrubs on e-bay. I figure with the driving I need a good number of outfit choices so I don't have to do laundry so often, and so I bought some lots, a few shirts of which I'll just take to the resale store or donate to good-will. Even though it feels like I spent a fortune in reality I just bought 13 tops and 13 pairs of pants, plus I bought 2 pairs of pants yesterday, and the total of all that is the cost of 3-4 new tops. I am working hard on 4 tops that I really, really want but have to watch through tomorrow if I'm going to win them and then there are another 4 that I probably will win at a low price. It's an insane number of scrubs, especially with the ones I've been making, but I'm not going to be home every day and I will need to rest on weekends, not deal with washing and ironing scrubs. So, lots of scrubs it is. Plus, even with the shipping the 13 tops and 13 bottoms are costing me $2.40 each. Which can't be beat.

I am too tired to say more. I'm not sleepy, just really, really worn out. More later.


2 comments:

The Bipolar Diva said...

wow! sounds like a really productive day!

Anonymous said...

I am so relieved for you, and congrats for surviving! You should be really proud of yourself. I definitely get the scrubs situation . . . anything to make life easier and remove at least one source of anxiety, yes? Yes. Now take a well-deserved breather, however long or short! Whew . . .