Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, May 15, 2010

So tired

I have spent today doing precisely nothing. I have about 40 things I need to do but I have been so incredibly tired that I just had to think what word I type in to write in this thing. And after nearly 1100 posts and more that never made it, I think I probably should know that.

The truth is that I am so tired I also just don't feel great, so I do have some reason for all this. And hopefully another good night of sleep will help, and if it doesn't, well, I'll just stay in bed again tomorrow. Plus I had 2 nights of very limited sleep and one night of not a ton of sleep, plus at least 1-2 nights with nightmares, so I am behind on the sleeping. So rest exclusively it is, because I need to start the new job with energy a lot more than with a clean house or sewing projects done.

This is where bipolar frustrates me. I know I'm doing the right thing. I know this is what I need, and that anything else would be a very bad idea. Years of scolding for doing otherwise by the Drs. Mind and Brain have taught me.

One thing.......since before I went to the hospital I haven't been able to read books. I fall asleep when I try, and I am not sure I've finished one in all that time which is very odd for someone who used to read a book or two each weekend. Well, FINALLY this last week I'm reading again and 3/4 of the way through my book. I can't explain how much I needed to have something come back right now, how much I needed a victory.

And now I want toast, which means getting bread from the freezer so I guess I'll throw in a load of laundry while I'm down there. (I did move some clothes from the washer to the dryer, and I ran out to the post office this morning. So you can't say I did nothing......)


1 comment:

b said...

this is exactly how i feel today (and other times too, occasionally)