Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life goes on even when I'm processing the same information

I'm really not ready to write about this week, although I will say that my cat is doing much better and the end seems less near.

But, sadly, for a "family" member the end IS here for his mom.  This is my mom's companion and his mom has been on hospice for a long time.  She has been at the end stages of life for probably 2 months.  Yesterday hospice (who are usually uncannily accurate) said she probably wouldn't make it through the night.  She is still hanging on, barely.  It doesn't sound like she is suffering but I've been around death enough to know how hard it can be to wait when it stretches on.

Please pray for him, his step-father, and that her death be peaceful and soon.  I don't know how this is going to affect things for me.  He may or may not want me there and I may or may not have to go dog-sit for my mom's, sister's and his dogs.  I just don't know.  So if I'm not posting I am still ok, I just have even more going on than I did and I'm not not eating or sleeping well so it's hard to post in something like English.

I have been around death so much.  I actually accurately predicted this happening within a week last Thursday.  But I don't have much experience in the non-professional supportive side.  It's hard to wait for someone you love to get hurt, even when the hurt is expected.
Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

No comments: