Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, June 18, 2012

What a day

Last night was not a good sleep night and I was up after only 3 hours.  I got back to sleep for a while then needed to get up and get ready for Dr. Mind.  I made a vet appointment for tomorrow and then went into my closet to get some shoes.  On the way out I found the cat's latest puke and it was blood.  So I called back and got into the vet today, changed Dr. Mind to tomorrow and took off.  I got a vet I usually don't trust but she did a good job today.  Anna was down a pound since February but some of that was dehydration.  Her February labs didn't make much sense in that she actually was not in renal failure, yet she acts like a cat in renal failure and her labs have been clear that she had it before.  So we repeated that, which will also tell us if she's got an infection (no fever).  They gave her sub-cutaneous fluids so my cat is leaking water out of her shoulder.  I got nausea medicine that I'm not sure I can give her without help (took my mom and I both to get the first dose in) and she came home.  They'll give me lab results tomorrow.  I have her set up with food and water in my bedroom.  She won't eat and hasn't all day.  I'm going to have syringe feed her if she hasn't had something before too long.  She needs water too.  The sub-q fluids helped the dehydration but she still needs intake.  Right now she is not so happy with me.  I don't think she wants the food I want her to eat and I'm not about to give her the fish she usually prefers as I've cleaned up enough gross pukes.

I'm really worried she's on a decline path.  (I had another cat die from the effects of not eating so I'm extra concerned about that.  It was an unpleasant death).

On the other hand I saw 3 rainbows coming home.  It seems that when I see rainbows things get under control so I'm hoping that is the effect now.  I need that to happen somehow.  I've been ok but this is making me feel like it is just way too much.  I am so tired after all that.  (I had to stop at my mom's and we went to supper with my brother.  It was delicious and so good to see my brother happier than he has been since with wife left him close to 2 years ago.)

Anna is at least finally in her bed sleeping.  I guess about 11 I'll have to try to get her to eat somehow.  I truly don't know that I can syringe feed her.  She's very strong and does not like being forced into anything and she is very angry at me still about the NEEDLES and THERMOMETERS and didn't I know where those went??????  Yet there was no choice.  If she doesn't eat she'll have to go back and whatever happens then (more fluids for sure) will make her just as unhappy.  I hate this for my girl.  It feels like one of those times that you wish that someone/something would pass in their sleep and instead I'm seeing that would be a luxury and that I am probably going to be making more difficult decisions sooner than I wanted.


Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

2 comments:

Michal Ann said...

Yes, what a day...and a night. I knew a family who kept a kidney-sick kitty alive for a long time with sub-cutaneous water substituting for normal fuction. I'm not sure that's a better option.

You're in it for the lifetime commitment so this is the sad part of loving animals, isn't it? Well, the difficult part of loving anyone. Hard to believe that every relationship comes to an end through broken fellowship or death. Such is the way of life but it's not easy, for sure.

I recently received an email about how to feed a cat a pill. It's meant to be humorous since it's pretty universal that kitties resist. You wouldn't find it funny at this point in time but it's too true. I'm glad your mom is a cat-lover and willing helper.

GOOD news about THREE rainbows and a lovely meal with your brother. I'm glad there are bright spots in your cloudy days.

As your profound message states, "The beauty that is a rainbow can only come with the presence of both rain and sun."

Praying for the sunshine...and some rest for you and Anna. I hope she has a renewed sense of companionship with you and knows you truly love her. I await the next update on the lab results.

(((hugs))) Michal

Michal Ann said...

Well, I'm glad you DID find the feed a cat a pill email funny. The full version is easily googled.

Thinking of a great song that is excellent as an "earworm," meaning it's edifying if it gets stuck in your head.

You Are For Me - Kari Jobe (Kari Jobe)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7z5aOZ6SEw

You Are For Me lyrics

So faithful. So constant.
So loving and so true.
So powerful in all You do.

You fill me. You see me.
You know my every move
and You love for me to sing to You.

I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses

I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

So patient, So gracious,
So merciful and true…
So wonderful in all You do.
You know me. You see me.
You know my every move.
You love for me to sing to You

Lord, I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.

To remind me that
I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You have come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me who You are.

I know that You are for me.
I know that You are for me.
I know that You will never,
forsake me in my weaknesses.
I know that You will come now,
even if to write upon my heart.
To remind me of who You are.

[ From: http://www.elyrics.net/read/k/kari-jobe-lyrics/you-are-for-me-lyrics.html ]