Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, April 25, 2010

I give

So I have obsessively (and do mean obsessively, reminding me again why OCD is a diagnosis I sort of have) searched for my stupid bite guard. I have even gone through the trash. Only bedroom trash, as if it were in with the kitchen or bathroom stuff I'd have a hard time believing it was ever clean enough to put in my mouth. I have even climbed around under the couch, just in case the cat thought it was a toy. I can't find it.

In the more literal sense, I've done something fun. Thanks to a discussion with Dr. Mind about peaceful places I can go to in my mind, I have done a lot of remembering about the gorgeous Tuscora Mountains and the Juaniata River in Pennsylvania. In looking for more pictures because I have few pictures not of people I wound up on the website of the camp that gave me the best months of my life, along with driving my career choice. They had a list of things they need for the season, and I remember only too well what it was like to operate with no budget and not enough donated items. So I figured out an amount of $ from some unexpected money I received recently and I went shopping. It's incredible how much you can get very cheaply if you are looking for it in the right places. I also had some things at home that were perfect to send off. I just finished packing a huge box full of stuff I know will be enjoyed (and I hope I can remember that when I pay the shipping cost-it's not going to be pretty). That made me feel happier than anything I've done in a very long time.

(Or as Dr. Mind would insist, what FEELS like a very long time.) Whatever.

(And for the added record of I have the best caregivers ever, after hearing me say that I had realized I was going to need new tires soon, guess whose therapist insisted on checking the tires for me?)

No comments: