Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Huh

For 10 days I have had nearly constant headaches.  I kept trying to see the dr. and it didn't work until today.  I have several symptoms similar to my last lithium toxicity and we're waiting on labs (they said would be done last night.  Liar) but I needed checked out.  So he checked my throat and said that it was very red.  No pain.  He checked a few things and has other ideas for treatment if the strep throat  is separate from the headaches.   He said some kids get headaches and upset stomachs and nothing else; I am a kid now I guess.  But the only other time I've had strep I went in with an "earache" that he rapidly diagnosed as strep because of my gross throat.

If my lithium toxicity warnings are the same as my strep warnings life is going to be interesting.

I should've known I was sick.  The cat who is very sensitive to my being ill has been in contact with me most of the last few days.  I thought she'd just decided I was  the best owner ever because I have her dietary needs pinpointed perfectly right now.

I'm going to let myself sleep if I need to.  I had the dr. at 1:20 and then support group at 6:30.  I did  everything I could to kill time but just got so tired I decided it was best to just come home.  I've probably exposed half the world to strep in the last week and there's one medically fragile person in group that I don't want to expose a 2nd time.  So antibiotic #1 is in and I'm ready to rest for a long time.  I've been more tired, blamed it on therapy, and now I know it was this.  This I'll rest for; therapy is not the same.

Hoping for a peaceful evening on the blog....


Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Wow. Sure glad you were able to see Team Jen's Dr. Body. I just came over to share most of God Calling in case it resonated with you and the stress of the blog warts. (Did I just make that up? Yes.) I guess the good news is that you have antibiotics, an early warning cat system in place for diagnosis and cuddling, and strong hopes for a peaceful evening.

I'm praying for your "heart peace" and massive gifts of faith from the only One who can offer that foundational blessing.

(((hugs))) Michal

Here's the devotional:

"Humility is not the belittling of the self. It is forgetting the self. Nay more, forgetting the self, because you are remembering Me.

You must not expect to live in a world where all is harmony. You must not expect to live where others are in unbroken accord with you. It is your task to maintain your own heart peace in adverse circumstances. Harmony is always yours when you strain your ear to catch Heaven's music.

Doubt always your power or wisdom to put things right, ask Me to right all as you leave it to Me, and go on your way loving and laughing. I am wisdom. Only My wisdom can rightly decide anything - settle any problem. So rely on Me. All is well.

Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.

1 Peter 5:6

Contact by email: servant@twolisteners.com

Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25"