Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, May 17, 2012

My new job

Dr. Brain expressed some concern that I might feel like I have nothing in my life, no purpose, whatever.  I gave her the answer that has come to feel real to me in the last couple weeks:  I am learning that right now I have exactly enough energy to do counseling twice a week plus the daily, now at least an hour, long homework sessions; go to my support group (sometimes); do basic lawn maintenance; and occasionally throw in something else.  I get very tired very easily and those things are all hard work. The hour of counseling homework easily because 2 or 3 hours because I spend a lot of time thinking and writing separately from the blog.  It's also emotionally really difficult because some of this is stuff I don't want to think about.  And I have to say it,no matter how bad it is, which can be a really terrible moment that takes a lot of time to sort out.  I also fight with my partial memories because I hate not knowing.

And of course there is the knitting.  I've not done much of that although I am tonight because I'm upset and trying to settle down.

But even though a year ago I wouldn't have thought this could be a full life, right now it is.  It helps to think of it all as a job because that feels more normal than thinking that I do a lot of driving for a lot of psychological help and then that's my life.  I can't say my full life is exactly the life I hoped for, but right now this is it and these relatively few activities are a lot.

It is a weird change of perspective.


Copyright 2006 www.masterofirony.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

It's a GOOD perspective, Jen. Wise and healthy.

(((hugs))) Michal