Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to give a cat a pill

I got fed up with not falling asleep last night and finally took a slightly higher dose of valium.  I went through a relaxation CD and then as I finally slept around 2 my old cat with dementia had a very bad night.  I think she forgets I've fed her, doesn't see the food that is out as new, fresh food, and demands more.  I was probably up caring for her at least 6 times and eventually she went to the garage to play for a while (which she loves).  But the worst part is I knew it would be a bad night.  I just can't figure out how to medicate her.  The vet gave me shots, but there is no way I can hold her for a shot. So then they gave me pills.  She finds them in everything.  I even got these treat things that you wrap the pill in; she won't eat the treat.  I threw the treat into a favorite food; she ate everything else.  I'm going to have to call the vet for instructions.  I am hoping I can crush the stupid pills.

Today has a lot of things to do.  I have to make sure I have enough scrubs that fit.  I have a couple errands to do when I go see Dr. Mind.  I have to get groceries, especially lunch stuff for work.  And I'm hoping I can get my oil in my car changed.  That really needs done but may be overly ambitious.  We'll see.  I have to get my TB test read as well.

No comments: