Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, October 02, 2011

Meds

I am currently on more pills/day than ever before, if you count the ones for severe constipation and I do. I think the grand total is 35 plus the patch and 2 doses of miralax and there are 2 more pills/day that the hospital forgot to give me as well that are on hold. Many of these I will wean down slowly over time and I should come off at least 8/day over time. I've had plenty of practice managing meds. This though is really tough. I'm groggy which isn't a good start. I am not used to afternoon meds and generally we try to avoid them as I struggle to take them. My pill box is only so helpful as I need an alarm, or a nurse to deliver meds, or something. For now I seem to be in a semi-sleepy zone where little matters. This has not good moments as I feel like I should be trying to do more and when I think it I immediately fall asleep again. I think my body is trying to reclaim every drop of sleep I have missed in the last month. Which is a lot. I'm trying to get myself to do some Wii fit stuff but I'm so incredibly sleepy. I see Dr. Brain Tuesday (my mom is driving me) and am hoping to lose the afternoon dose as it is just as sedating as the double that dose nighttime dose. I just feel weird. I know the treatment for akasthesia is to heavily sedate then gradually decrease. I know from patient that neurontin is hard to adjust to and I'm taking a pretty good sized dose. Fell asleep writing that. See what I mean? Oh well, rest is the main thing I need right now. That and a lot of meds.

No comments: