Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, October 29, 2011

In short

Mostly importantly, the zillionth pill we've tried worked and I slept all night and most of the day.  I feel SOOOOOOOOO much better, although definetely ready to sleep more.

What I referred to yesterday and don't want to be too involved about right now because I don't wnat to leave the ultra-relaxed, gonna sleep soon state of now, is just that I have a meeting Monday with supervisors to figure out if I'm ready to work, what I can take on, and how to best handle this so I stay healthy because they don't want (ie I can't) go through the constantly sick thing of last year.  So figuring out the right thing is going to mean my job.  This last year has been unlike anything I've ever known, but they have no reason to know that except from my saying it.  I don't typically take sick days ever.  To make it harder, because of how far away I live from work there have been times I've relied on the ability to trade a day with a Saturday.  That's no longer possible.  This makes working so far from everything potentially difficult (means everything like dentists etc get hard to fit in).  I have no idea what the solution is, or what they want.  I also don't know if there are things that are going to come up that are things I've done wrong/screwed up b/c of sickness.  I don't necessarily get that impression, and I know the options they are providing to help me transition are way above and beyond, but I also know that the hardest thing about this is that I can't say "I'll be all better in 2 weeks" or anything of the sort.  Akasthesia isn't that predictable.  Having gotten sleep I feel better but it's going to be a while before I'm done resting.

So, I'm anxious about that.  I'll be so glad to get to Monday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

B: Thank you so much for your encouragement. Your comment really touched me.

Jen, I'm praising God for the sleep you enjoyed. I might as well put my comment in the form of a prayer...

Lord, I'm so thankful to hear that dear Jen got some much-needed rest. Please hear the cry of her anxious heart and give her peace that passes understanding as she looks forward to Monday. I ask You to help her really look forward to the meeting which will determine so much about her direction at work. Please continue to give her favor with her employers. Thank you for her job and please enable her to continue to bless patients with her compassion and skill. Her work ethic is tremendous; please honor her with the strength to continue doing what You've gifted her to do.

I pray these things in Jesus' name and for His sake, that Your name be gloried. Amen.

Michal

Anonymous said...

Oops, Lord, that would be "Your name be GLORIFIED!!" Please help us look to You in all things...even spelling...and shine bright light upon the paths You want us to take. Pour peace over Jen's home and her kitties and restore her tonight by deep and sweet sleep.