Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, October 10, 2011

Oh for Pete's Sake!

I shared previously about my accidentally emailing Dr. Brain something intended for Julia, and my mom a line of gibberish. I did it AGAIN. This time is really great. Basically I emailed Dr. Body while in the hospital about the constipation I was coming home with, did he have any ideas? I totally forgot that email and toward the end of last week emailed again asking the same question with the addition of some specific drugs. He said something about "like I said I really don't have any answers but you can try really horrible, nasty liquid med for colonoscopy prep, that it was not great for electrolyte imbalances (which I am at right for) but it was becoming worth the risk. So I spent some time very carefully apologizing for my repeated emails, explaining I was having trouble with concentration, memory, blurred vision, and that I had sent these other 2 embarrassing emails. Today I got a very kind response along the lines of he's just sorry there aren't options for a valid problem and that hopefully I'll return to my "together" self soon and he's praying for me. I noticed the part I had written had some issues with crazy spellings, wrong verb tenses, etc. It wasn't until I started reading it that I though "huh? I don't remember this". Then I noticed in the outbox part another email from me. Which was the one I remembered. That's right, I sent Dr. Brain an email for Julia and Dr. Body got 2 versions of the same thing. I hope this stops soon. Writing the same note twice for every patient when I am working may not be a fun idea.

No comments: