Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, October 01, 2011

Sometimes I'm not so smart

I got really upset this afternoon because I was having symptoms of akasthesia and I didn't understand this. I thought it was supposed to be pretty well under control and would stay that way and then gradually improve over the next few months to totally well. I didn't think I should have periods of symptoms. But it's hard to know as there is very little written about it. It's one of several types of a problem called "extrapyramidal symptoms" and the on that has the least attention in googling. I have some articles that gave me a better understanding and the dr. gave me a little understanding, but there's a lot I don't know. I wound up emailing Dr. Brain that without her objection I was increasing my cogentin (medication for extrapyramidal symptoms) to the dose the originally was planned them held because I had some trouble peeing. However, I don't think that got a fair chance since benadryl had been having the same problems and I truly think that was a leftover from benadryl. I also restarted my earlier in the day klonopin (safe for akathesia and actually treats it) and then I took an extra dose of neurontin which I knew was ok since I was on that much in the hospital but was taken down because of the sedation. Oddly after all that I took a nap and while I still have uncomfortable "I want to move" feelings it's much better. It also helped that I figured out why. I am just too drugged and make mistakes and so last night I put on a new patch but forgot to remove the old one. So the agitation was undoubtedly from that and I'm assuming my body translates anything like that into akasthesia right now. I am not happy with myself for making a mistake like that. I am very happy thought that I succeeded in stopping the bad feelings and now I am mostly just so drugged I keep staring at the screen wondering what I was saying. Which means it is probably not time to say much.

No comments: