Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, October 03, 2011

Nothing day

That's what my grandmother taught me to write in my diary if I had nothing to say. Today I have nothing to say. Thanks to meds I slept until 3:30 or so and I suppose I have done a few things in that time but it feels like nothing. I forgot dinner AGAIN. I'll have to work on that in a minute. I am waiting to write about my hospitalization until I feel better. At the moment I am so groggy I have trouble remembering anything. I sent an email meant for Julia to Dr Brain. And of course I referenced her as Dr Brain so if she reads it she'll be wondering what I'm saying about her. To make this more fun I think I'm heading for an asthma attack so I need to use my nebulizer if it doesn't stop soon. Right now I just am waiting for tomorrow when I'm hoping to have the sedating med reduced a bit. I swear they said this wasn't that sedating but my experience with patients is that's not true. And it is certainly not true for me. One med I'm on for this has few side effects and so I'm hoping that we can increase that and let the other one day. I don't know if she'll agree, but it's not hard to see I'm pretty impaired. I can't even focus correctly. My cats remain a bit needy since the week at the vet's. I took a shower and one of them sat outside the bathroom and cried throughout. Both want to be touching me at ll times. Cranky Amy mentioned some good reasons that the one person gave me false information. The thing that she has plenty of money so no doubt has a great phone, she's in intensive outpatient so she is clearly not in a place where she's denying much, and so I am confused because I thought things were good. Oh well, if she wants she has my real email. I think this hurts my feelings mainly because I have had too many friends stop being friends when they saw mania or severe depression. Someone from the psych unit should understand those things, and one of the things I liked a lot about this stay was that I seemed to be accepted even when I couldn't do what they were doing I was always invited and even when I just paced into the room for a few minutes they let me in on what they were doing. However I will admit that someone as manic as I was and as forced by my body to move, move, move may not leave comfortable memories. One thing I have been doing is that I promised myself I would make sure that the floor had more of some things I needed, like relaxation CDs, easy exercise, etc. If I ever can drive independently again I want to add some craft kits that keep fingers busy to it and then I'll sent it to the OT who was so incredibly kind to me. Tomorrow I have to call and tell them to please mail the meds that I didn't get when I left because I'm simply not ready to go back up there. And I don't want to sit and wait in that hospital with my mother on the locked or the unlocked side of that door. Anyway, it is time for meds and supper since I forgot that. I also still have to put sheets on the bed. Ugh. That is one of my least favorite household chores yet I love clean sheets and change them more often than most people. More to come.Tomorrow will be limited posting as I'm going to be in Cleveland all day.Yippee. But I should have only this hospitalization follow-up, then next week I have 2 surgical follow-ups in one day and then I should be back to my monthly visit with Dr. Brain and nothing else. Good night.

No comments: