1. I have a blog addiction. Not just my own, but others. I seem to especially choose blogs written by people who are around my age, professionals, with young children: the things I would have hoped to have in my life if I hadn’t gotten sick.
2. I go to therapy regularly and work hard, but I’m not an easy patient. Until this therapist I have never lasted more than 4 sessions with someone who tried to tell me what to do or gave me homework.
3. I have an incredibly strong sense of smell. When we were kids if one of my friends left socks at our house my mother would wash it and have me smell it; if it belonged to someone else I could pick up the other detergent. I love the smells of tomato plants, geraniums, and gasoline.
4. I am almost done Christmas shopping. It is not even October yet. (I do this for my own sanity, not because I support all the decorations that are already out in stores.)
5. When I was a little girl I was at a friend’s house and we tried to catch frogs. I was really into what I was doing, lost my balance, and fell into the frog pond. Her parents had to clean me up with a hose and send me home. It was one of the most embarrassing moments ever because everyone laughed at me. I think they assumed I did it intentionally.
6. I have never watched a basketball game although in high school I attended every home game for 3 years. I sold candy, and I was totally happy with that.