Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, November 21, 2011

I don't know

I got an email from Dr. Brain.  I restarted lithium and am feeling very nauseous which is either my body saying no or psychosomatic.  We'll see which.  I am scared of lithium vomiting.  The last time I had toxicity I had severe vomiting, so much that I finally just gave up and laid on the bathroom floor.  I couldn't even get upright to throw up, then threw up so hard I peed myself and laid in that for a very long time until there was nothing left to vomit.  It was terrifying.  I do have Zofran and while if I start vomiting I need to do so some to get the stuff out I at least can prevent the horrors of the last time.  But simultaneously if I can't handle this and this is only dose one then that's not a good sign for the future.  Usually one good toxicity is enough to make them think hard of taking you off it.  Diabetes insipidus nearly always means that you are taken off it. It took 3 doctors making a plan to keep me on it when the DI was diagnosed in 2007.  So going back on it again is necessary to try but may or may not work.  Only time will tell.  But I soooooooooooo don't want to puke.  I was on a floor where there was a lot of puking (none near me or I'd think I caught something) and I have heard enough of it lately.

I'm going to see her next week before I am supposed to go back to work.  No good way to know how I'll feel then. I MUST have labs Saturday morning.  That will tell a lot.

Ugh, I'm going to try for some ginger ale.

NO PUKING.  Please, no puking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No puking! I agree! I'm very happy that you heard from Dr. Brain. Your body has to be so confused by now! This scripture is a welcome encouragement to me. I hope it helps sustain you while you wait for your medications to stabilize.

Love!


Psalm 51:10-12
New International Version

10 Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.