Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, November 04, 2011

Really good day

I spent today babysitting my niece.  She is getting so big!  We did big girl things like "painting" with bingo markers while she yelled "dot!dot!dot!", blew bubbles, played in the sandbox, and said Auhnthhhhh Jen for the first time (she's had Jen, this was Aunt that was new).  I got her down for a nap by myself (which is really hard) and I am inordinately proud of myself.  She is toddling everywhere and will say anything you ask her to and plenty spontaneously.  It was very tiring but very good for me.  I am hoping to do it a couple days next week too as it helps me know if I'm ready for work.

I made her a hat and it fits and is so cute.  She was much more interested in the ones I made for her babies, insisting that one doll wear both.

She giggled and giggled because after she tried to steal my glasses about 40 times I put sunglasses on her and showed her in the mirror that she was just like Aunt Jen.  That's when I got called Aunt for the very first time.

The stupid mistake causing the withdrawl I talked about in the last post is still going on but much less now.  Now it's just a headache that nothing helps and a little bit of nausea.  I've been very careful to keep that level up today.  I'm just so tired for not sleeping well for 2 nights that I am fighting to make it to my 9 pm take med time.  I need to stick pretty strictly to that because for some reason deviations throw my schedule off.

I also go my paycheck fixed (their mistake; surprise) and it is to be fed-ex'd to me tomorrow.  I also got my disability extended through mid-November.  So soon I'll have enough money to pay bills.  That's a HUGE worry gone.

So I am a much calmer, much less sick, will be finding out a lot of specifics about benzo withdrawl at my next visit, person.  I am assuming that happened because I've been on either high doses of klonopin or moderate to high doses of klonopin plus fairly high doses of valium for most of the last 2-3 months.  I've been off valium a week but hadn't missed klonopin.  Apparently doing that was too much for my body to handle.

Anyway, things are much better here.  So tired though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news, Auhnthhhhh Jen! It's just terrific that you were able to babysit your little sweetie! Happy to hear that some of the meds struggles are resolving as well as your work/money situation.

I just got to give massage to the staff at a women/kids' domestic violence shelter. I received very nice, very welcome compliments. Heading off to a meeting, postponing the homework til a bit later in the weekend.

Rest well, Michal