Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, July 23, 2010

Alive

One CT and some bloodwork and several Zofran and a sad discussion of my lack of ability to take pain meds and  who knows what is wrong?  I have an elevated white count, so some infection somewhere.  My urine looked ok, although that could be several doses of high dose cipro.  I'm better without the nausea and in less pain, esp if I stay in one position.  I allegedly have no fever, although I am under 3 heavy blankets with the a/c basically turned off on the hottest day of a hot summer, wearing sweats and a longsleeved shirt.  I don't believe the no-fever thing.  Maybe I didn't have one at the dr's, but I don't believe I have been fever-free and I think it was freakish that I didn't ahve one there.

Otherwise, I'm feeling very confused.  All my issues about believing myself when I'm sick or hurting have kicked in.  I have no clue what to think.  I did finally get my psych meds in and tomorrow will try the patch, assuming I'm seeming to get enough fluids.  I'm drinking lots but peeing more.  So I'm losing the hydration war.

My belly still hurts.  Not like stomachache hurts, like burning pain hurts.  Best guess, pending my not developing anythign suggestive of an appendix that was just being shy today and I doubt that having been on appendix watch 2009 and not believing it a 2nd time, is that I have a weird virus, or the urine culture will be positive.  Or I'm making the whole thing up.

Guess which I am having trouble not believing?

1 comment:

Michal Ann said...

Keep fighting the hydration war even if you have to "live" in the bathroom for awhile. Listen to your body and try to drown out the chatter from other voices. I know you're always learning and growing; this has been a very intense time.

I suggest that you pray for your sister's healing while you're feeling pain. I've actually had a sympathetic pain several times in my life and I used it as a trigger to pray for the one who had the "real" ailment. I'm not saying your pain isn't REAL; I think you have something going on. Over and above that, you can use your pain as a reminder to pray for your sister when you're praying for yourself.

I once ignored belly pain and ended up with a specific type of peritonitis. The final part of the diagnosis involved SHAKING me as I lay on that dastardly little exam table. The intense burning pain gave them the reaction they needed! Are you still taking the Cipro?

I hope you find some comfort and much needed rest for body, soul and spirit this weekend. Perhaps the Lord will speak to you through these verses:

And He said, "My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest." Exodus 33: 14

"Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11: 29-30