Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

I believe

I was reading something that it mentioned a song I'd pretty much forgotten.  Yet it's an inspiring song and inspiration is going to be valuable during the next 2 months.  I'm going to have to stay strong or I'm rapidly going to add depression to my problems.  Today has been a bit teary, anxious because I've not heard from work and I have this fear of being fired; sad because not being allowed to see my niece for so long is killing me; disappointed because my mother of "don't buy a new camera you can borrow mine for vacation" forgot it at my sister's and in her usual sensitive way thinks that it's ok to suggest I stop and pick it up on the way to vacation, just staying in my car and only having contact with adults.  But that is unbearable sounding.

Anyway, this song came out in the summer of 1997.  That was my last summer as a camp counselor, and also the summer of manic fun.  I had more fun in that summer than in the rest of my previous life combined and even if some was because I was manic it was also sort of my little gift from God before the illness began to really batter me.  It was like the theme song of the campers that year, every session (it was a camp for kids with special needs).

So here's my little reminder:


"I Believe I Can Fly"

I used to think that I could not go on
And life was nothing but an awful song
But now I know the meaning of true love
I'm leaning on the everlasting arms

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[1]
I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
I see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly
I believe I can fly

See I was on the verge of breaking down
Sometimes silence can seem so loud
There are miracles in life I must achieve
But first I know it starts inside of me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, cause I believe in me, oh

If I can see it, then I can do it
If I just believe it, there's nothing to it

[Repeat 1]

Hey, if I just spread my wings
I can fly
I can fly
I can fly, hey
If I just spread my wings
I can fly
Fly-eye-eye

Probably all kinds of cheesyness in there but it's also just a happy memory thing and I am going to need happy....

Now if they just would invent a STOP WORRYING THAT YOU'LL BE FIRED song I'd be in good shape......

No comments: