So, my somewhat pathetic thankful list (this is for today. I'm too sick to think about beyond today).
- -Because I know the material already and was given special permission to do training at home on the weekend I was able to get nearly 3 1/2 hours of work done. Since this is a holiday I'll make a good bit of money from that and a good bit of the time I was actually listening with one ear and reading blogs with my eyes. (Don't tell, although the suggestion that I might be ok to do other things while listening came from my boss jokingly).
- I have had a new showerhead for some time now. I haven't had time to change it out. However, with the breathing crap I've wanted to because it has a mist feature that may feel good. So, working slowly and unsteadily I have a new showerhead to try out when I get enough energy here in a few minutes
- I have been so feverish and gross today that I've been dying for clean sheets and far to unable to move to change them. Thanks to generally feeling disgusting and bothered by my messy house (I've been extremely sick for 3 solid weeks now, remember.....) I have managed to get down to only one sheet on the bed. Again after resting that is coming off and clean ones are replacing it. That and a shower might actually feel good.
- I'm thankful for having the nebulizer. If I didn't breathing would be incredibly hard today.
- I'm thankful that I'm apparently ahead of my time; when trying to find out why this stuff takes FOREVER to get through a treatment (45-60 min) I discovered that it has been shown to effectively treat bipolar and further trials are underway. I know few bipolar people who could actually sit still and do this routinely (I find it absolute torture) but apparently it's widely available in pill form outside the US as a cold med I think. I still don't know why it eats up hours of my life.
- I'm thankful I took the initiative to get the mask. Since I'm clearly not done needing this and feel more gaggy with extra drainage the mask makes a huge difference in comfort level. I think it slows it down even more though.
- I'm thankful that I can email my doctor and as long as he gets the email early he'll know that I'm very sick again and really need to see him. The office is only open for a partial day on Fridays and with being closed today I'm going to assume it's going to be hard to get in to see him tomorrow, and that's going to mean trying to get a message to him that lets him know what is wrong well enough to treat it and make a decision about steroids, again.
- I'm thankful for a shower after a treatment. This stuff is sticky. The directions crack me up by telling you that if your face is sticky after a treatment to wipe it with a damp washcloth.
- I'm thankful for water. I'm consumed an ocean of it today.
- I'm thankful for the internet that has kept me quiet and entertained today.
- I'm thankful for having done that load of whites which I wrote about a few days ago; I've been through a lot of handkerchiefs today and would have had to switch to tissues if I hadn't done that and been patient through three dryer cycles.
And now I'm getting sleepy, which is too bad since I'm an hour away from sleep, but at the same time is a huge blessing as I've been awake for 12 hours and not been sleepy at all because of discomfort/inability to breath.