Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Just my luck

I talked to work this morning.  They don't want me back until I am 100% contagion free, which isn't until Friday night (unless you have no immunity, then it is a ways off).  So I don't get to work Friday.  Which is fine.  Then they called back and need my computer because it's due for an upgrade to a whole new computer next week and among several reasons including that this is really important because my computer is dying rapidly and needs replaced ASAP, and also there is some stuff that has to be done before I can start as their employee.  So Friday I have to drive down, spend about an hour in the office, and drive home.  It's unavoidable but exhausting to think of.

Still waiting to hear about my earaches.    Hopefuly I will hear back because my cough med choice (only option) comes in liquid and tablets.  I didn't even know the tablets existed and have always had liquid.  Well, turns out the liquid is better for sleeping.  So I asked for some of that too.THe only reason I really care when they call back is that I'm so tired and I have a hard time falling asleep while waiting.

I have a done a few minutes of stuff today.  Mainly just moving things around so I can start packing for vacation and moving things in from my car before the great trade-in adventure.  Tomorrow it's getting professionally cleaned since I'm too sick to do that, and so I have to empty it gradually between now and then.  I wonder what my mom has tomorrow.  It may be that she can help me get things in.

Up next, per request, the car buying strategies that worked for me.

2 comments:

Michal Ann said...

With all the work-related fear that you've had, it was wonderful to hear that they were "really sweet" and understanding about your illness. Other than the drive to bring it in, it might be good timing for your computer re-hab.

I'm so glad that you'll have the much-needed time off. You really have no choice. PLEASE keep taking good care of yourself...and do it with love and compassion and NO GUILT. "These things happen."

We are promised that there is trouble in this world. May you feel an overwhelming peace in the midst of a very difficult situation. Know that I'd be there to tuck you in if I could. Jesus said:

"I have told you these things,
so that in Me you may have peace.
In this world you will have trouble.
But take heart!
I have overcome the world."
John 16:33

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Hoping you feel better soon croupy lady!!!