Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, November 06, 2010

Sick

I will explain this more in a day or two, but just know that I'd really appreciate prayers.  I'm sick, and I'll explain what it is likely to be when I know for sure it is or isn't, but it's nothing that bad, yet nothing that it would be good for me to have been spreading.  And I feel rotten.  For now let's say I have severe bronchitis, bad enough to make me vomit from coughing and I've had to grab a wall for support when the coughing made everything go black.  My heartrate is racing after the coughs and I'm very tired.  So I'm not able to be coherent and really am not awake all that much.  As for prayers, please pray this is ONLY bronchitis and for protection for my patients, also that I can get in to see Dr. Body Monday and that I will be cleared to work. There's a chance I won't be allowed to work for several days and since I am on vacation after this week (and I'm carefully not asking but I don't think they have coverage for that really) and can't make up anything on the weekend I don't know what would happen.  I also have one patient who I am worried about as I think she damaged something but I need to see her again when it is less acute (planned for Monday) to assess that.  And I seriously doubt I'll be working Monday because it would be a huge leap to recover enough to be able to do that safely.

I know this makes no sense and a lot of that is what happens when the only cough med you can take is liquid vicodin and you mix it with high dose psychotropics.  I've backed off of the Seroquel a bit, but I have to keep my lithium level stable and I can't skip Klonopin while I'm on such a high dose.  I missed my daytime dose but have to keep taking a pretty stable amount or I'll go into withdrawl, which frankly doesn't feel good.  I'm just not very clearheaded right now and this is the best I've been all day.

More later when I can make sense.......

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sending prayers your way today. Feel better soon!
B.

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Praying for some antibiotics and a quick fix!!

Michal Ann said...

Soo sorry to hear about your illness! I'm just recovering. I'll be praying that you will have every answer you need...and quickly!

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it.

Julia said...

Healing thoughts and prayers coming your way.