Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, November 25, 2010

I quit

I woke up this morning FREEZING.  Then I realized I did not feel well.  My whooping cough symtpoms come and go; today is a come day.  Seems like about every other day is bad.  But I also have what seems like a sinus infection.  So, tomorrow morning will be up early to call Dr. Body's office and either get more meds or go see him.  Again.  Because once a week is an appropriate frequency to see the doctor....At least I've been making the most of my COBRA coverage.  I had to purchase it for only 2 weeks coverage, but it's covered 1 visit to Dr. Brain, 2 (now maybe 3) to Dr. Body, a month of Seroquel (thousands of dollars), a month of patches (hundreds to a thousand dollars), a month of several other meds, a nebulizer, the meds for the nebulizer which I suspect are also expensive, 2 rounds of antibiotics (soon to be 3 and the 3rd will be a strong one) and 1 visit to Dr. Mind (sort of since it barely covers those).  So for once $362 seems reasonable for Cobra, especially since my deductible was fully met.

On the other hand I do not feel well, and that's making me more emotional.  I'm also more sensitive, making me have hurt feelings because my mother didn't notice I was crying when we just hung up.  I sound so crazy all the time now with the changes in my voice from the illness(es) and coughing that I'm sure she thought I was just starting to choke again, but still.  I hate this alone thing, even though if I ONLY had the sinus infection I probably would be grounded then too.  Of course I wouldn't have the sinus infection if I didn't have the other.........

I am so frustrated and tired.  I left my sewing machine at my mom's because I fully intended to be down there today using her washer/dryer and watching her puppies.  Now she has to curtail her time at my sister's to be back for the dogs and she's disappointed because she made me some dessert that I won't be eating today. My mother is not at her most supportive lately.  In fact she's driving me crazy but that's another post for another day.  For now I got my tears out and I should try to find something to eat for lunch.

2 comments:

WinnyNinny PooPoo said...

Hoping you feel better soon, and your Thanksgiving perks up a little bit!

Michal Ann said...

To put me in a THANKSGIVING frame of mind, I copied the verses below. I know it's powerful medicine for body, soul, mind and spirit. It reminds me not to "meditate" on the junk that so easily captures my attention. I'm alone so far today but may tag along on some gathering later in the afternoon. I've had a lot of "orphan" Thanksgivings but the Lord always comes through with something! I'm invited to gather with people on Friday which certainly sounds better than honoring "Black Friday" at the stores!

Philippians 4:6-8 (New King James Version)

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with THANKSGIVING, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.