Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Free speech

In the 5 1/2 years I have written this blog I've had 3 comments that were inappropriate.  The 3rd was today.  For now I am leaving it up as I may want to discuss it further at a later date.  If you wish to see it is on the good, bad, and ugly post.  "anonymous", because it's easy to call names if you don't leave your own (and anonymous is always fine here although I'd rather not have it be used to hurt me).  There's no real need to dignify it with a response, and the only reason I'm writing this here is to say thank you.  Thank you, anonymous, for pulling to the surface fears I have written about over and over here.  Thank you for not reading closely or interpreting what I said however you wanted to.  Thank you for making recovery even more fun when I just reached the point where my pain meds are making me manic.  I needed more to stress about when I am on limited activity and feel jittery.

The funny thing is that I suspect I know who you are.  It's funny what devices can be imbedded in these blogs.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh brother.

Clearly it was written by someone who doesn't know you Jen. Or even worse, someone who knows you but really doesn't "know" you - does that make sense?

Leaving that stupid and uninformed comment up is just another reason why I admire you. You don't need to back down and/or hide when you know the truth.

I know the truth too. I am proud of you for who you are and the way you handle your life.

B.

heather said...

I am so sorry this happened to you in your space. I hope you are doing better now that you are home. I know pain management/acknowledgement is something you have worked on so much. Take cake.

Julia Roberts said...

I can't believe that some people have the time and energy to spew negativity but that is easy behind the screen of a computer.

I suspect that more than just you know the who story and I'll be interested to see what comes out of all of this...have you heard from anyone new about all of it?

Sorry you have to deal with a jerk. We've all had them...but anyone who calls you a hypochondriac? Doesn't know you.