Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

oohhhh (slow dawning of truth)

I'm obviously not my sharp self (ha).  I thought the blood pregnancy test was funny since they make a huge fuss that you have to pass a urine test the day of surgery when you are having a D&C (one can understand).  But I didn't realize the truth.  I keep joking about looking pregnant.  Except that I really do.  So much that a word-renowed gynecologist thought there was some chance of pregnancy.  I bet that they figured there was a tiny chance that the reason I was up for clots and  bleeding to death a couple months ago could have been a miscarriage and on that tiny chance (always considered greater because I'm bipolar and we have been known to be promiscuous and lie about it) they needed to be sure I wasn't pregnant or carrying the remnants of a miscarriage causing my pregnant look.

Cute.  Understandable and responsible, but cute.  So now I've had my first (that I know of; usually they sneak urine pregnancy tests) blood pregnancy test in the 15 pregnancy tests I've had to date.

Fun stuff......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like that bright bit of humor about the "virgin birth." I know you have to exercise much patience but I hope you can do it a bit longer. May you be filled with power that's stronger than yourself. As I've often confessed to the Lord, I absolutely CANNOT do it without His power of the Holy Spirit's fruits.

"But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" Galatians 5:22-23

Praying for you and thankful that such thorough preparations are being made. You truly do want all the "i's" dotted and the "t's" crossed. You know most of what they're doing and why. Take it in stride. It's getting close to the finish line.

Hugs, Michal