Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, August 19, 2011

I thought

I thought losing my brand new Nook was a tragedy.  I am doing so many dumb things because of being on narcotics and stupid from them (plus I've had one night I've slept in days).

And then on the way home from the store we were stook because the street was flooded.  It was horrible because the way the water flowed it went directly into one old man's basement and he was trying to get water out of his shed as well.  We couldn't figure out quite why or how or where all if it came from, and then we finally got home (my mom was with me) and the creek across from my home was rushing harder than I have ever heard it in the last 8 years.  I have a drain that is a fairly major one for this end of the city and it tends to back up frequently.  I went and unclogged it and thought that was the final effect on my life.  Then my mother went downstairs and discovered that my basement flooded.  Thankfully everything down there was in plastic bins pretty much.  I had a lot of laundry that I'd let build up, things that are to be donated or sold to consignment and blankets that I didn't need yet.  Everything is soaked so I have to do about 10 loads of laundry ASAP before it is ruined.  Even then, thank God because I have a bigger washer than a year ago and will get this done in half the time.  There are fans running and my not-very-consistent dehumidifier and so it's very loud but hopefully will dry in the next day or so without the carpet i just got to stop stinking beginning to stink again.   When my mother left she drove up the hill that goes behind my house and said water is pouring down the hill, so I probably am not done with the flooding.  She said the whole downhill part of town is completely saturated.  It rained while we were out.  Here it must have rained harder than it ever has since I've lived here and essentially had flash flooding.  Awful.

Hopefully everyone is able to get dried out.  As for me I need to empty the dehumidifier and change laundry out.

No comments: