Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Tuesday, August 02, 2011

What Still makes me smile

Today has been.....rough.  I found out that in all ways I'm borderline anemic, enough to show that the blood loss has taken a toll, just enough over the line to show that the diligent multi-vitamin with iron consumption  (since I don't eat a lot of it) has been useful. There's nothing that can be done to help it.  I've also established that my pain no longer is tamed by vicodin, yet I don't have other options.  Dr. Body is looking I think but the only things I know of that are left are quite strong.  This makes me wonder how I'm going to survive 2 more weeks of working with working getting harder constantly.  I could ask to stop work now.  The thing is that psychiatrically 3 weeks of laying around being in pain is not likely to do me a lot of good and would probably just increase my already frightening anxiety levels.

But I keep remembering Dr. Mind telling me yesterday that I should remember that I'm still smiling easily and that this is a big thing.  He pointed out that he got me to smile without trying twice.  But today what makes me smile is what those two smiles were about.  Ready?  One, predictably, was my niece.  Two, not quite as predictably was my worms.  Odd, yes.  But at this point, whatever works.

No comments: