Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Sunday, August 07, 2011

Gonna be a long night

I definitely have a sinus infection.  I've had enough of them to recognize the headache, plus I can see the puffiness  under my right eye as well as feel it.  Yes, I had had so many sinus infections that I've learned to poke around for "bogginess" myself.  The good thing is that I had the right meds on hand; I have been doing nebulizer treatments frequently, I can at least take tylenol for headache pain, and I've had 2 of 14 doses of a strong antibiotic.  The green stuff seems to be stopping although not the drainage which is the part that needs to stop to protect my lungs.  I need to use my sinus rinse bottle before I go to sleep. The best part is that thus far I am not coughing all that much and it doesn't sound horrible.  I actually have no idea what the effect on my lungs of an infection is if it doesn't actually turn into something like bronchitis, just that I'm to be careful and we'll deal with it when it happens. Time....

I looked in the mirror and was somewhat horrified.  Pale, unhealthy looking skin, the clumps of hair that fall out daily (so much I have to gather it and throw it away so it doesn't clog the drain which is already partly clogged from what I don't catch) have started to cause serious thinning of my hair, my hair looks very unhealthy.

I actually started to write an email to Dr. Body to explain why I'll be in tomorrow. Then I realized it read like a horror show so I decided to scare him in person rather than risking being sent to the ER. If he makes me go after he sees me fine but I think he and possiblity the pulmonologist can handle this.  I think I need a straight cath to fully empty my bladder, which then lets us see how big my belly is because of whatever is wrong in there.  I don't know what happens after than to ensure peeing commences at 100% capacity. Or maybe I'm wrong and it's empty in there.  it sure doesn't feel empty though.  One thing about home health is that I've got a pretty good ability to identify needs and issues at this point.I also have the ability to identify my own abilities to provide care at home.  Self-cathing?  Bring it on.  Home nursing to cath?  Bring it on.  I know a good agency....I just wish I'd never gone near percocet.  No way to know and I'm glad I know before surgery that I can't have it, but still. Enough is enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem incredibly good at juggling all these things but WHAT A MESS you're having to deal with! I'm so sorry...

Love, Michal

Jean Grey said...

I hope you don't have to cath at home, but I'm sure you could do it. You are pretty tough.