Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Saturday, October 10, 2009

I'm the scary grouchy neighbor

I have neighbors who I've discussed here before. They are extraordinarily unfriendly, having never said "hi" to me in 6 1/2 years. They are also rude. One of them guns his truck engine for extremely long time periods nearly every day, which has made me cry in frustration because the noise bugs me so much. Their dogs make it impossible for me to enjoy my backyard because if I'm out there the dogs bark at me (and any guests) incessantly. The woman was clearly offended once when she heard me tell the dogs that "This is MY yard, please shut up!". And their grandchildren think it is ok to ride bikes and ATVs in my yard. Which it is NOT.

So today I'm exhausted. I got a haircut this morning and then took a 4 hour nap. I ate some supper, but didn't bother to put on a bra or redo my ponytail. I'm planning to go to bed very early.

I was sitting here when I heard a rock hit my window, followed by a lot of giggles. The grandchildren are outside and clearly threw it. I opened the window and yelled at them to not throw things at my house. There was one little girl (about 9) staring across the fence and laughing. She ran away. In fact all of them sound as if they went back inside.

This wouldn't be that bad if I weren't scary looking, or if this wasn't a small town where I'm now likely to get a reputation as a nasty person. On the other hand I'm tired beyond belief, I want to cry for no reason, and I'm stressed in 42 ways, most of which are simply me not dealing well with the lack of meds.

I'm going to be a barrel of fun in another 4 weeks....

No comments: