Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Friday, September 23, 2011

Bits and pieces

So that I don't post 7 times in one day I'm going to just post random things here and then there aren't 8 posts in your reader. 
  • There are 164 steps in this unit if you got into the dead end part twice.  I have walked this at least 100 times today.
  • I start to feel sleepy.  Then I get agitated and have to move again.
  • This akasthesia thing is so not fun.
  • I am incapable of describing some features of my illness to the satisfaction of the resident.
  • It is so good to be where people know what akathesia is.
  • It is not good to be made to lay in bed when you have akathesia.
  • It is also not good to have someone cut your med by 20%.  Especially when 2 hours after getting the med you slept some.
  • Did you know they serve frozen omelets in the hospital?  I know now b/c mine was ice cold.
  • I have a headache and the resident forgot to order tylenol and so we're waiting for permission for me to take tylenol.  And have been for 2 hours.
  • My sister said she loved me.  I facebook'd that I love here.  That is a miracle.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen, I linked to Wikpedia to read about what you are fighting. Did you read the paragraph written by Jack Henry Abbot? Is that what you are feeling like?

Can you sit with your weighted blanket? Staying in bed sounds most impossible. Are there new meds which are helping?

Yes, of COURSE you are loved. It's so nice to be told it though, isn't it? I understand about your sister and am smiling for you REALLY BIG. God Bless both of you!

Oh, and it sounds that you have a few things to teach the resident. Give him time, he'll come around ;-)

B.

Anonymous said...

Checking in. Sounds like you made it through the night in spite of it all. SOOO excited about the love that's flowing in your family, Aunt Jen. Sorry about the "learning curve" with the resident. Sounds like s/he could benefit from BEING a resident on the floor so that more compassion would develop. I'm glad you have a name for your restlessness...that must help a little.

Praying...Michal

Anonymous said...

I hope this on-line devotional helps. It's from God Calling.


Turn Again


Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. James 4:8

This is a law in the Spiritual Life. You must turn to Me before you are conscious of My nearness. It is that turning to Me you must cultivate in every circumstance. A glad turning of thankfulness, or a turning of weak appeal.

It is so wonderful that naught is needed but that mute appeal. You have no need to voice your longing. No need to plead, no need to bring gifts. How wonderful to feel you can so simply claim help, and so promptly, so lovingly, it is there.

Not only Help but the comfort and joy of Divine Nearness and Companionship. A nearness that brings sweetness into life, and confidence, and peace.

Never fear, never lose heart. Draw nigh to Me, and in that nearness is all you need. My Presence alone can transform conditions and lives - bring Harmony and Beauty , Peace and Love.

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:7