Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, September 05, 2011

Pain

B. asked about pain.I guess I haven't said much about it; I'm trying to not fall into the traps of constantly watching for it or ignoring it.  I'm also trying to figure out what I'm going to live with.  So far, so  good.

I have been off all pain meds now for 3 days.  The last time I took them was because I had cramps and cramps so soon after these procedures are pretty intense.  (2 of my procedures are working against one another; the Mirena thinks it is good time to shed that lining and there is no lining because of the d&c.  Weirdest period EVER.).  I have some pain where I'd been having the bad pain but it's only sometimes and not as bad.  It feel familiar making me think I have had this lower level pain for a long time.  The good thing is that it remains tolerable and I think I'll be able to manage with it.  There are some other options if I continue with pain  that disturbs me; I can see a pain management doctor for some non-contraindicated options to handle  it. I'm hoping it just stays low level and manageable.

The biggest concern right now is that I never get cramps like that while working. After a while they cramps will go away but I  may have them a few times before that.  The cramps were just not a good thing to try to ignore while treating.

But yes, I'm a lot better and if I could just sleep life would be almost normal again.

No comments: