Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Monday, September 19, 2011

Decision???

I think we agreed to start the admission process this morning. I am not totally sure though because Dr. Brain was asking how I was taking the meds to make sure I was doing the timing right.   I told her I was doing it as instructed and  not getting much result.  I then said that I was ready to do the hospital but wanted to wait a few days until my new weighted blanket arrived, explaining that I can relax at all without one and often both on me. She then said "that sounds like akasthesia!" (a side effect that makes you feel you can't stop moving and it is actually painful to try.)  And I thought "that's why I asked 11 days ago.....".but it got lost in conversation then that wasn't really her fault.  I've had this before, there's nothing to do for the discomfort but wait it out. I don't know for sure if there is still a benefit to the psych hospital if it is akathesia but I am assuming there is.  I am just waiting to hear from her again, which could be an email or phone call tonight.  Or nothing for a few days.  Hopefully she updates me that yes, she submitted this for acceptance into the unit or that she wants to wait.  Last time it took a couple days to get approval and then another day to get insurance approval.  I'm hoping to go on Thursday or Friday.  We'll see.

More later, getting sleepy.  (yeah right)

No comments: