Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:13

Thursday, September 15, 2011

One way

I finally cried myself to sleep about 3 AM after emailing Dr. Brain that I could not take feeling like this any longer and then proceeded to sleep until after 1 pm with only 1 awakening. I have no clue what this means aside from I was exhausted.  The impressive thing is that I could go back to sleep now.  This is the response we wanted.  So I have clue what this means except I feel somewhat better (need several days of sleep for this to really work) and that perhaps getting completely upset was the right thing to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You slept ten hours straight? WOW - now you're talkin" :-)

Do it again, Jen!

B.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you finally got some sleep! Once I slept beside a bi-polar friend at a women's retreat. I tried for hours to help her relax..massaging, encouraging. I KNEW she had to sleep or we would really be in trouble.

Your list of accomplishments is VERY impressive. You're so determined and responsible even at the worst of times. You're amazing, Jen. I'm encouraged by your faithfulness, your strong work ethic and your positive focus. "He cares about you affectionately and watchfully."

And your question about expressing your complete upset about all this? YES! It definitely seems that it was the right thing to do. A mentor of mine said that tears are "self-limiting" and don't flow more than 45 minutes. Many of us (like me!) find it difficult to cry but there apparently is no danger that we can't stop once we start. No fear!

Love, Michal

1 Peter 5:6-7
Amplified Bible

Therefore humble yourselves [demote, lower yourselves in your own estimation] under the mighty hand of God, that in due time He may exalt you, casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully.

Anonymous said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9Ko7U1pLlg

You might enjoy checking this out...I just happened across it!

Michal